We share the parks with many different animals. Even small, seemingly harmless animals can be aggressive.
- Do not feed wildlife, either by hand or by leaving food behind.
- Give animals plenty of space and leave them alone. Observe them from a safe distance and discourage them from coming closer.
- If you see a bear, remain calm and back away while speaking in a normal, non-threatening voice.
- Avoid behaviour that could be interpreted as aggressive: don’t make direct eye contact, shout or throw things at an animal that is not behaving aggressively.
- When using trails with few other people around, warn animals of your presence by talking, clapping or making noise.